Written by Don Tinney
LEADERSHIP GROWTH LEADERSHIP TEAMS
In the past several years, I have been regularly impressed by leadership teams that have achieved “big” things.
At the front end looking forward, it was logical for each team, based upon their history, to conclude, “There’s no way we’ll do this.”
So what made the difference? How did these teams of ordinary people succeed?
What You Need to Make it Happen
Certainly, there are many contributing factors, but I think three things were necessary in all cases:
- Belief. A majority of the team believed they could do it. Just because they hadn’t done it in the past didn’t mean they couldn’t in the future. That core belief was essential at the start. Initial unbelievers either became believers later or exited as the rest of the team moved forward.
- Desire. Wanting to change and get to a better place was also essential. Leaders didn’t all share the same level of desire, but most of the initial team members wanted to advance from where they were to something better and they were willing to experience discomfort to get there.
- The Way. All of these teams followed a systematic process (EOS® ), taking the specified steps to progress incrementally from where they were to where they wanted to be. Having the path clearly marked made it much easier for the teams to do what initially seemed unthinkable.
Just because you haven’t, doesn’t mean you can’t. Believe it, want it, and use EOS to get it.
- Learn to make decisions faster and better by downloading a copy of our free eBook, Decide!
- Download the Issues Solving Track™ from the EOS Toolbox™️ to learn how to IDS (Identify, Discuss, and Solve) issues more effectively.
- Download the How to Be a Great Boss Toolkit to access free tools and resources to help you lead, manage, and create accountability on your team.